Word Of The Day

Monday 1 November 2010

An Embarrassing China Town Moment...

Looking back on yesterdays events it was a great day to finish the half term on. Although I'm still down that I have to return to school...

Today I was talking about the meal yesterday and remembered something that made me laugh, so I thought I would mention it.

We were sat in the restaurant, and my friends sisters were telling me all sorts of things to say in chinese. We had had some Chinese Tea, which was quite nice, sort of yellow in colour, so I asked how you say, "Would you like a cup of Tea?" One of them told me, but as it was quite a long phrase, it took me many attempts to get it right.

I then Said what I thought was the right phrase and they burst out laughing. I asked what I had said wrong and in between bouts of laughter I heard my friend say I had just offered her a cup of Urine.

Note to self... Perhaps practice the chinese a little more before putting it into action...


No comments:

Post a Comment